Why Join ASID?
ASID was established over 50 years ago and is still committed to the ideals that led to its creation to improve the quality of life for people with an intellectual disability. It is a strong and vibrant association comprising people working or studying in the area of intellectual disability, organisations providing services to those with intellectual disabilities and people with an intellectual disability and their families or carers.
Membership of ASID provides you with access to invaluable information, resources and the opportunity to develop contacts to better inform and equip your organisation to provide the best quality service to those with intellectual disabilities. We believe that this work has never been more important than it is today and ASID membership provides the opportunity, through a united society, to influence developments in the area of intellectual disability.
There are many benefits for members of ASID, including:
- Membership of a strong and active association comprising people working or studying in the area of intellectual disability, people with an intellectual disability and their families or carers.
- Membership of a divisional association which meets on a regular basis to pursue issues of local, national or international relevance.
- Annual conferences hosted by each regional association featuring keynote addresses from leading international speakers.
- Locally organised regional conferences, seminars, workshops and social gatherings.
- Opportunities to hear touring international and national experts sponsored by the Society.
- Opportunities to meet and exchange ideas with people having similar interests in other parts of your region and the country.
- Opportunity, through a united society, to influence developments in the area of intellectual disability.
- Four issues a year of the Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability which has an international readership and contributorship.
- Two issues a year of our journal, Research and Practice in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (RAPIDD)
- Four issues a year of the society's magazine, Intellectual Disability Australasia,(IDA) which includes articles of general interest and contributions from divisional associations .
- Monthly E News deliverd to your inbox
- The opportunity to join various networks within ASID which pursue areas of special interest.