Why Join ASID?
There are many benefits for members of ASID, including:
- Membership of a strong and active association comprising people working or studying in the area of intellectual disability, people with an intellectual disability and their families or carers.
- Membership of a regional association which meets on a regular basis to pursue issues of local, national or international relevance.
- Annual conferences hosted by each regional association featuring keynote addresses from leading international speakers.
- Locally organised regional conferences, seminars, workshops and social gatherings.
- Opportunities to hear touring international and national experts sponsored by the Society.
- Opportunities to meet and exchange ideas with people having similar interests in other parts of your region and the country.
- Opportunity, through a united society, to influence developments in the area of intellectual disability.
- Quarterly issues of the Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability which has an international readership and contributorship.
- Biannual issues of Research and Practice in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Quarterly issues of the society's magazine, Intellectual Disability Australasia, which includes articles of general interest and contributions from regional associations .
- Opportunity to join various networks within ASID which pursue areas of special interest.